Hello, if you are looking for the Official Woroniecki Website Please click here: http://www.ifanyoneisthristy.com
- My parents raised my siblings and I in the love, great laughter, joy and hope of Jesus, as well as teaching all the practical things of life. Even in writing this blog, my father has taught me the skills to articulate these matters as he does. We have no official group or organization. We are a simple family. At times, someone has said they feel sorry for us kids because of their bad feelings for my parents. First of all, they have never truly met my parents, so they have no idea all the fun and adventure we have doing things that kids in general only dream about. Like climbing the Swiss Alps or the 14’ers in Colorado. We often are camping, having fires and playing games. We go to places all over the world. We love to water and snow ski and ride horses in forests like in Poland and Hungary. How about zip lines in Costa Rica given to us freely by an owner who was open to Jesus, that we met in a border crossing in Nicaragua? My five brothers and sisters and I are registered Second Degree Black Belt Instructors in the Korean martial art of Tae Kwon Do. Tae Kwon Do has helped teach us physical discipline and training as well as the focus and precision it requires to master 13 technical forms and many other aspects of the art. We are also Capoeiristas. Capoeira is a Brazilian martial art that uses African combat moves as a dance including chants, songs, bongo rhythms, technique and acrobats. We also use these martial arts in our presentations (see “NOW:” near the bottom of the blog). I could go on and on about all the other ways God has brought fun and adventure into our lives.
- People think we are religious zombies because they do not see the blessing in our passion for an unseen God. They refuse to spend an ounce of energy to contact us personally. No one has ever talked to anyone of the six of us in all this hullabaloo over various issues. It's like they are afraid of hearing what we have to say because they want to paint us as "the poor little children". Students still yell at my parents like we are little babies and that we should be in school! Oh really…well like, we are all over the age of 18! One guy asked why my sister wasn’t in school until he saw her and found out first hand that she was 29 years old! People see video of my father, mother and each of us from some twenty years ago and think we have never changed. Is there anyone who doesn’t change over twenty years?
- One time at University of Iowa a student said that my dad was dangerous because he knew he fought with police officers. When we hear ridiculous things like this we can only state the truth. My dad has never fought with any cops either in the states or in any country. Neither before or after he was saved. That would be a felony recorded in any police station and my dad would be in prison. There may be an unknown parking ticket somewhere that we didn’t pay but it is not deliberate. As you could imagine we deal with many, many parking lots. Neither does my dad have three wives or for that matter wear a raccoon hat and howl at the moon at night. It really gets absurd. You could very easily email me to ask about any issues in question. I am not going to lie to you.
- Facts are not established by someone’s opinion either in a book or in a paper. People can also easily twist anything that is said. This happens all the time. Some times a reporter will take a Scripture we quote and use it to make us sound like we are surely from some bizarre cult. Yes, we believe everything written in the bible not because we are supposed to but because we have personally experienced the breath of the living God come out of this book (Heb.4:12 2Tim.3:16). My parents spent years teaching us and loving us with the truth and wisdom of Christ. They were serious but also when necessary, hilarious. If one has a problem with the message we preach or the way we preach and they are serious about Christ, all one has to do is ask us. That’s why we are here! God will bear witness to His truth. I can assure you that a thorough study of the New Testament brings forth the answer to any question. We are open to correction and the discipline of the Lord. The FACT is, people have absolutely NO IDEA of who we are. No one. People claim to "have known us" just because they may have had a passing acquaintance. I've lived here all my life and know everyone who has come through our front door.
- We see our mistakes and lack of love and pray for God's grace to learn and grow. We are not perfect but neither will we just sit around and wait for perfection. I have seen my dad’s humility change his attitude in mid-sentence when he is convicted and realizes he is wrong because he misunderstood someone or something. We believe that these are the last days. More so that everyone's time on earth is short. Therefore we implore bold measures to effectively reach and impact as many as we can. We present our message on a “take it or leave it” basis believing that those who have ears to hear will hear (Read Mark 4:9). This is not about our ministry but the eternity of millions and the truth of Jesus Christ.
We are not against any church or religion or those who attend or practice such. We are against hypocrisy and deception (Have you ever read Matt.23? Matt.14:14 2Tim.3:5ff, 2Jn.1:7). Looking to men of a church or religion for your salvation is like building your house on sand (Mat.7:24ff). My dad was in the catholic church when he met Jesus. He stayed in it for quite a while. In fact he fought to prove its many doctrines right until he grew deeper into the Word of God. No one has to leave their church to find Jesus but you do have to be willing to leave yourself (Matt.16:24). There is no substitute for personal relationship with, and accountability to, God. You have to be willing to engage your heart (Matt.7:7). No one can change your mind. If you are reading all of this with an attitude against us, you will never see the truth and you are the only one who loses.
- People say God owns this world. God says it belongs to Satan. Read: Jn.16:11,14:30,18:36 Lk.4:6 Jms.4:4, 1Jn.5:19, 2 Cor.5:10.
- People say that man is basically good. God says that man is wicked and corrupted by sin. Read: Rom.3:10, Ecc.9:3, Jer17:9, Gen.6:5-6, Ps.14
- People say that Gods wants everyone to better themselves. God says that one must give up himself and become completely new. Read: Mk.8:34, Matt.16:24, Jn.3:3, 2Cor.5:17, Col.3:9-10, Rom.6:6.
- People say that a Christian should never warn of hell. Jesus talked and warned about hell constantly. Read: Lk.12:5, Mk9:43, Matt. 5:22, 8:12, 10:28, 13:42, 18:9, 22:13, 24:51, 25:30, 25:46 as well as Rev.20:15, 21:8.
- Some people, out of personal offense taken from our message, have concluded that we think we are the only ones who are saved. This is a lie. We have never said or implied this in any way. It would be outrageous to think that we would spend all our own money, time and effort to share the gospel to as many people as possible without real hope of someone coming to know Jesus. The goal of our lives is to touch as many as we can around the world with the love and truth of Jesus. We are not anti-church. We are part of the true church all over the world who are born from above. People say that we say one thing here but have said something else somewhere else. And where might that be? Maybe when we are sleeping in the middle of the night we preach to the shadows something different? Our pamphlets confirm what we preach. Why would we spend all the energy and money to pass out hundreds of thousands of our pamphlets if we didn't believe what we write? That is just nuts. We do not encourage people to begin to follow us but in fact we tell them to seek out Jesus for themselves so that the foundation of their salvation is not dependent on someone's words but rather on their own relationship with the Living Jesus. We travel all the time so we have no place for anyone to come and follow us. Unless they want to sleep on the top of our trailer or something. We have no idea how many people are saved, but we surely believe and hope that we are not the only ones.
- We do not preach that you must abandon all forms of social life or a job or education in order to follow Jesus. God will meet you right where you are at, whatever you are doing. It is easy to understand that obsession with a career and ‘me’ centered life, whatever it might consist of, is not what it means to follow this rejected Messiah (Is.53). Concerning this matter take the time to read Matt.6:24-27 and John6:29ff. We don’t tell people that you can’t work a job but rather that God will take care of all things for you if you choose to follow Him. This is His promise.
- One day I was downtown in a major Latin city just watching all the people pass by as I shared. Young, old, rich, poor it didn’t matter. The man in the business suit entering the glass sky scraper along with the nearly homeless woman trying to sell sausages for 0.50 cents were so intent on just getting this thing called money. It seems like such nonsense, as in any city, how people just blindly go along with the ‘rat race’. Really it is so sad (Mk.6:34). Thinking about this I did a short skit on the street corner to exaggerate the point. Maybe someone would stop and think a little deeper. After returning here to the States, I had some time, and made the idea into a short film (below). It is by no means professional. It was my first project like it. My dad wrote the music for it and my brothers helped me filmed it. David is the star (not really a star in the end, though). It’s kind of bleak, but then again so is a life full nothing but ‘running’ for the almighty dollar (Read Mark 8:36). I hope to make others once I get some more time.
- My father has never obligated me or any of my siblings to follow this way of teaching. And honestly, he would he wouldn’t be able to stop me if he tried. As adults, we can do whatever we wish with our lives. God's promise is that if you train your children in the ways of the Lord when they are older they will not depart from it (Prov.22:6). No one criticizes famous athletes or actors for teaching their children the trade they have mastered. People would never question them. If any of the people who slam my dad would talk to him with a sincere and seeking heart, they would be blown away by the heart of this man. He is in no way religious. However, my salvation is not based on my father but on my personal faith and relationship with Jesus. He is my dad but also my brother and my friend. I tell him when I think he is wrong and he quickly accepts it. I personally know and love Jesus. I have a life of enormous privilege. I have a purpose far greater than any career, marriage or any other pursuit of happiness. My family shares a joy, unity and laughter that constantly makes others comment to us about the marvelous things they see in our family. It is a beautiful thing to not have to look to my friends to fill a void inside of me but rather to offer to them of the treasures I have found in Jesus.
- Our lives are not hidden. On the contrary we try to be in the busiest places possible (i.e. the South end of Manhattan at rush hour). The reason we have spelled our name differently at different times is quite obvious if you think about it. Most authors use a pen name or an alias for privacy reasons. When we first started out, we realized people were trying to do bad things to us. So we did alter our spelling. Then my dad wrote tracts that were so long we had barely space for an address so he just shortened our long last name. Also in college guys used to call my dad “War” so he for a time liked using this as his pen name; short and significant. If you had a bunch of questionable strangers stalking you, would you just openly put your name out there? By now our lives are an open book. People can meet us or talk to us at anytime. We are on all the major campuses and cities. Because of this we are constantly subject to the opinion of the public. We have nothing to hide. I would hope that you could realize inaccuracy of hearsay and the sensationalism of the media. If you have any doubts about who we are or what we do, you can easily verify anything by meeting us, reading our literature or listening to our music or as I have mentioned, you can email me at any time. We constantly deal with huge crowds.
- Let me tell you my father does not have, and has never had, 'followers'. On the contrary he has told the very same people who accuse him now, who had previously actually asked him if they could follow and travel with us, that they could not follow him. Jesus says “Follow Me…” (Mt.4:19). If people correspond with my father or mother it is from their personal desires to find out more about what they believe. They have never mentored or spent great lengths of time with anyone. This can be verified by the way they have travelled for the past 35 years. Oh that’s right, we do have some followers. But they range in age from about four to twelve years old and they follow us around after our performance looking for balloons, candy and any love we can give them.
- My mom and dad had only met with Rusty and Andrea four or five times over the course of the 20 years my dad knew Rusty. Think about that for a minute. My parents strongly discouraged them from trying to emulate our family without first each personally building their own relationship with Jesus. The only ministry my father had toward them was to try to help them to come to know Jesus. At any point they could have stopped correspondence and heard no more.
- My parents did warn the Yates, like they warn everyone, about the coming day of judgment and the reality of hell. However, as Rusty would confirm, these were never ongoing conversations. My dad never considered Andrea to be a contentious woman but rather was obviously quite docile and passive. She sent us “care packages” while we were on the road. Also Andrea Yates, like most every American born citizen, was well aware of all of these things like hell, judgment day and repentance from sin long before she ever had contact with Michael. These are well known truths of the Bible and Rusty shared with her long before we did. When we met with them it was only for a couple of hours (except for the one week in Florida) and it was either at a restaurant or a park so the setting was quite light and casual. Rusty would confirm any of this. The focus of my dad’s ministry toward them was always Jesus and the life that He could offer their family. My parents demonstrated their love toward us, their six children. They told the Yates to love their children in the same way. I remember playing games and having a picnic with them one of the few times we visited with them. My mom and dad gave them a free week vacation they had won in hopes they could have time to repair their marriage.
- The only influence Michael Woroniecki had on Andrea Yates was one of life and truth and hope. It is clear she had mental problems as well as being effected by the use or sudden drop off of highly potent psychotic medication. Russell never shared anything in depth with my parents about Andrea’s mental state. It may have been from embarrassment or from pride we don't know.
“…Love your enemies, and pray for those who persecute you…” (Matthew 5:44).
We have a strong desire to and, if God would allow us, we will try to reach every country we can. What Jesus offers is too real and too good to allow anything to hinder us. He offers the purpose everyone is looking for and the joy that so many crave.
As we minister in these countries we use the music my father writes along with dances, skits, works of theater, humor, giant animal costumes, puppets, magic, games for children and many other things to touch people as deeply as we can. It is such fulfillment to bring joy to a people who have such heart ache and sorrow. I have written numerous dances and skits along with using my pirate puppet to try to convey the love of Jesus.
- We have received hundreds and hundreds of emails from people who are moved by our presentation. They write about the love and hope they receive while standing in one of our crowds. I am not boasting but simply declaring a reality. More than anything people are impacted by the power of the love and unity of our family, our personal engagement and the message of the living Jesus. At a later date I will joyfully make those emails available.
- We all speak fluent Spanish so we functioned well in such countries as Mexico, Spain and South America. My brother and I also speak some Portuguese. We perform on many venues, street corners, plazas, parks, stages, private events, both religious and secular and many small 'pueblos' and towns. We have also, by request, worked with and performed for dozens of non-profit organizations.
We have a major focus on helping children in what ever way that we can. We also have a priority in taking care of the homeless . I remember growing up, my parents always made an effort to help the poor and disabled in giving them food, clothes and necessities. They started way back in